Thứ Sáu, 20 tháng 3, 2009

TIẾNG ANH TRONG Y KHOA

Kiểm tra câu nói xin vào đây(Copy->Paste): http://text-to-speech-translator.paralink.com/

Unit 1: REGISTERING FOR TREATMENT

I- KEY SENTENSES:

1/ This is the line for new patients.

2/ Fill it in and bring it back to me.

3/ In that case, you'd better go to the Medical Department.

4/ You'll see it(the Medical Department) sign-possted to the right.

5/ The sooner you see the doctor, the better.

II- DIALOGUE I:

A: Patient

B: Nurse

A. (To the nurse)

Excuse me, where do I queue up(xếp hàng) to register(đăng ký)?

B. That is the line for new patients(pointing to line). The registration(sự đăng ký) fee will be 1 dollar. Pay over there, and they will give you a registration card. Fill it in and bring it back to me.

(The patient queues up, and shortly reaches the window. After getting a card and filling it in, the patient takes it back to the desk.)

B. What's the problem?

A. Since this morning I've had a high temperature, and I feel generally wretched(khó chịu quá).

B. In that case, you'd better go to the Medical Department.

A. Which way do I go?

B. Go up to the second floor, and you'll see it sign-posted to the right. Give the doctor your registration card.

A. Is it very busy?

B. Normally yes, but today you are lucky.

A. Oh, good. Thank you. (The patient goes to the second floor)

III- DIALOGUE II:

A. (To himseft) Today, there're so many people here. It looks like I'm in for a long wait.

(To the nurse)

As it's so busy, will it be all right if I come back later?

B. You'd better wait, becauce the registration time is between 8 and 11 o'clock, and now it's almost 10:15.

A. Can I register now and see the doctor in the afternoon?

B. Yes, you can, but if you don't wait, a lot of patient will be before you, and you won't be able to get chance to see the doctor today. Besides, since you have a high temperature, the sooner you see the doctor, the better.

A. I see, I'd better wait then. Can you tell me how to get to the Medical Department, please?

B. Take the lift to the fourth floor, go through the doulble doors(cửa đôi) on your right, and go along the corridor(hàng lang) until you see the Medical Department on your left.

A. Thanks a lot. By the way, what day is the consultant(tư vấn) available?

B. Every Tuesday afternoon.

A. Oh, that's tosay. So I'm lucky.

IV- NOTES:

1. Excuse me, where do I queue up to register?=Excuse me, where do I go to register?=Excuse me, where do I register?= Xin lỗi, tôi đăng ký ở đâu?

2. To have a high temperature=Bị sốt cao.

3. The Medical Department=The Department of Internal Medicine=Khoa Nội

4. Which way do I go?=Where do I go?=Tôi đi lối nào?

5. Is it(the Medical Department) very busy?=Chỗ đó có đông không?

6. To be in for + NF=sẽ phải bị(đã định trước). EX: This patient is in for a second operation(Bệnh nhân này sẽ phải mổ lần thứ hai).

7. By the way, what day is the consultant available? # Well, when is the consultant available?=Khi nào có thể gặp tư vấn?

V- EXERCISES:

1- Substitution drills:

1/ This is the line for + new patients/ patients with hepatitis/ the aged/ disabled armymen.

2/ In that case, you'd better go to the + medical/ surgery/ radiology/ oral surgery + department.

3/ The registration time is between + 8 and 11/ 7:30 and 10:30/ 8:30 and 11:30/ 12:50 and 15:50.

4/ The sooner you + see the doctor,/ start taking the medicine,/ receive the treatment, give up smoking, the better.

2- Fill in the missing words:

1/

2/

3/

4/

5/

6/

3- Translate the following into English:

1/

2/

3/

4/

5/

Unit 2: A ROAD ACCIDENT VICTIM






Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét